Looks like you're in the market for an Independent Contractor! This attorney-drafted agreement covers the basics related to bringing on contractors in the event planning world, with a special eye towards executing the event. This agreement will help you nagivate the increasingly tricky (and highly scrutinized) world of bringing on contractors, including:
- A fully editable .docx contract based on strict interpretation of Independent Contractor rules and regulations (a hot button topic right now with the IRS and Dept. of Labor)
- An Intellectual Property assignment for any information gathered or designs produced while working for you;
- Clauses addressing termination of the contract for when things aren't working out;
- A clause addressing what happens if the Contractor moves away and can't fufill their obligations;
- Built-in confidentiality, nondisclosure, and non-solicitation clauses;
- Event-specific "Scope of Work" terms, easily modified to fit your needs;
- Clauses specifically disclaiming your responsibility to file or withhold Worker's Comp Insurance, FICA, Social Security, and other Federal employment requirements;
- TWO types of payment options (project-based and percent of total contract) appropriate for independent contractors (hourly is a no go!)
- PLUS tips on correct treatment classification of independent contractors based on Federal regulations and the all-important IRS "20 Factors" test.
Use this template for peace of mind getting get the help you need!